Volunteer - Make a Difference @ Your Library
Library volunteers work side by side with staff in every Library activity. There is an ongoing need at most branches for help with a variety of projects. Volunteer opportunities vary by branch, but some of the things volunteers do are:
- Help with displays & bulletin boards
- Shelve materials
- Work on special projects
- Help with crafts
- Help with book sales
- Literacy - see the Literacy & ESL page for more information.
What is expected of you?
- Be aware that you are at the library in a support role, if a customer asks you for assistance, refer them to a staff member
- Respect the public and be responsive to their needs
- Be willing to learn
- Meet the schedule and length of service that you have negotiated with the library
- Agree to abide by the library's Confidentiality policy
How do I become a volunteer?
Complete an application, which includes the optional Release of Photograph or Name form (as we often photograph our volunteers) and take it to your local branch where you may be asked to fill out additional information.
When you have been accepted as a volunteer, you will be asked to read and sign the 'Volunteer Waiver and Release Form'. If you are minor, a parent or guardian will be asked to read and sign the 'Volunteer Waiver and Release Form for Minors'
|Volunteer Application.pdf||35.79 KB|