1001 Comics You Must Read Before You Die
It may surprise you to know that graphic novels have been around longer than your typical super hero or Sunday comics. A new book to our library collection is 1001 Comics You Must Read Before You Die. By the same folks who brought you 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die and others, this book is filled with classic treasures ranging a variety of subjects and illustrative styles. Titles are ordered by publication date and date back as early as 1837. Learn a little about the selections by their descriptive synopsis or find similar reads based on selected mentions.
Some of my personal favorites mentioned in the book are
- It’s a Good Life if You Don’t Weaken by Seth
- Chicken with Plums & Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
- Essex County Trilogy by Jeff Lemire
- Exit Wounds by Rutu Modan
- Shortcomings by Adrian Tomine
- Y the Last Man by Brian K. Vaughan
Check out the book to see what graphic novels await to be read. You may be surprised of how little or much you’ve read.