Are You Ready for Some Football?
Football season is underway! For many of us, football is an intrinsically social activity. Whether we’re watching the game at home with family or friends and eating barbeque or grilling burgers – or – we’re sitting in the stands, hearing the marching band and cheering on our favorite team, surrounded by like-minded fans, football season is a special time of year. If you’re a football fan or, like me, just enjoy great sports fiction or nonfiction, you might check out one of these. What football picks do you recommend?
- Reality Check by Peter Abrahams
- Leverage by Joshua Cohen
- Crackback by John Coy
- Deadline by Chris Crutcher
- Twelve Mighty Orphans: The Inspiring True Story of the Mighty Mites Who Rules Texas Football by Jim Dent (Adult Nonfiction for YA)
- Payback Time by Carl Deuker
- The Rivalry: Mystery at the Army-Navy Game by John Feinstein
- Stupid Fast by Geoff Herbach
- The Real All Americans: The Team That Changes a Game, a People, a Nation by Sally Jenkins (Adult Nonfiction for YA)
- Carry the Rock: Race, Football and the Soul of an American City by Jay Jennings (Adult Nonfiction for YA)
- Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally
- Shut Out by Kody Keplinger
- Pop by Gordon Korman
- The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game by Michael Lewis (Adult Nonfiction for YA)
- Raiders Night by Robert Lipsyte
- Shooting Star by Frederick McKissack, Jr.
- Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock
- Troy High by Shana Norris
- Home Field: Texas High School Football Stadiums from Alice to Zephyr by Jeff Wilson, Buzz Bissinger and Bobby Hawthorne (Adult Nonfiction for YA)
- Food, Girls and Other Things I Can’t Have by Allen Zadoff