Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month!
Each year in the United States between September 15 and October 15 we celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month by paying tribute to people of Hispanic heritage from the past and present who have impacted our nation and who have enriched our American culture. Living in the Houston area, we enjoy a wonderful diversity of cultural influences and there are many different opportunities open for us to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month. How will you celebrate?
Hispanic Heritage Month Reads
- Estrella’s Quinceañera by Malín Alegría
- Trino’s Time by Diane Gonzales Bertrand
- Down to the Bone by Mayra Lazara Dole
- Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
- Adiós to My Old Life by Caridad Ferrer
- Chasing the Jaguar by Michele Dominguez Greene
- La Línea by Ann Jaramillo
- Someone Like Summer by M.E. Kerr
- Addicted to Her by Janet Nichols Lynch
- I Will Save You by Matt de la Peña
- What Can’(t) Wait by Ashley Hope Pérez
- Illegal by Bettina Restrepo
- Crazy Loco by David Rice
- Riding Low on the Streets of Gold (Adult Nonfiction for Young Adults)
- He Forgot to Say Good-Bye by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- A Good Long Way by René Saldaña, Jr.
- Boyfriends with Girlfriends by Alex Sanchez
- The Secret Story of Sonia Rodriguez by Alan Lawrence Sitomer
- The Afterlife by Gary Soto
- The Brothers Torres by Coert Voorhees