The Kentucky Derby is America's oldest continuous sporting event on record. It's been run every year since 1875. The race itself only lasts a few minutes, although the stories surrounding the event last much longer. Read about some of the famous Thoroughbreds that have run the 1 1/4 mile course:
- Secretariat by William Nack
- Seabiscuit : An American Legend by Laura Hillenbrand
- My Guy Barbaro : A Jockey's Journey through Love, Triumph, and Heartbreak with America's Favorite Horse by Edgar Prado with John Eisenberg.
- Horse of a Different Color : A Tale of Breeding Geniuses, Dominant Females, and the Fastest Derby Winner since Secretariat by Jim Squires.
- Funny Cide : How a Horse, a Trainer, a Jockey, and a Bunch of High School Buddies Took on the Sheiks and Blue Bloods -- and Won by the Funny Cide Team with Sally Jenkins.