Harris County Homeowner Disaster Recovery Program
The Harris County Homeowner Disaster Recovery Program (HDRP) is a voluntary program to assist homeowners who reside in Harris County but outside the City of Houston, whose homes were affected by Hurricane Ike by providing financial assistance to repair damage and when necessary reconstruct home.
- Home is located in Harris County outside the City of Houston - Determine Eligibility
- Home must have been damaged by Hurricane Ike
- Homeowner must have been the owner of record at the time of the storm
- The home must have been the primary residence of the homeowner at the time of the storm
- Duplex's are eligible as long as the owner occupies one of the units as a primary residence
- Manufactured homes are eligible for assitance only under the reconstruction component; they are not eligible for rehabilitation assistance
- Each person in the household must be a US Citizen or an eligible immigrant
Several types of assistance are offered including rehabilitation/recontruction, elevation, and reimbursement. Priority is given first to those who are low or moderate income and second to the disabled or elderly. In addition, priority is given to severely damaged homes first and high major damage second. However, anyone who meets the eligibitily requirements can apply. See the website for more detailed information.
You can Apply online, mail a paper application to the Assistance center, schedule an appointment at the assistance center, or submit your application by phone at 1-877-332-8014.
Harris County HDRP
16602 Diana Lane
Houston, TX 77062