January is National Soup Month!
Did you know that January is National Soup Month? Makes sense, right? January is the first full month of Winter, and aside from cold soups like gazpacho, soups are traditionally craved, crafted, and consumed during the colder months of the year.
If you want to celebrate National Soup Month by trying your hand at making soup, HCPL has got you covered! You may know that the Dewey Decimal number for general cookbooks is 641.5, but did you know that soup cookbooks have their very own Dewey number? It's 641.813. Of course, many general cookbooks have soup recipes in them, but if you're looking exclusively for soup recipes, you should start at 641.813. Here are a few of the titles you'll find there:
- 300 Sensational Soups by Carla Snyder & Meredith Deeds
- An Exaltation of Soups: The Soul-Satisfying Story of Soup, as Told in More than 100 Recipes by Patricia Solley
- New Orleans Classic Gumbos & Soups by Kit Wohl
- Soup of the Day by Kate McMillan
- The Soup Peddler's Slow & Difficult Soups: Recipes & Reveries by David Ansel