July Computer Classes
During July, Kingwood Branch Library will offer a variety of classes that are free and open to the public. Registration is recommended and can be done by visiting the Adult Reference Desk on the second floor or calling 281-360-6804.
- Tuesday, July 5 - 2:30 PM - Intro to MS Word - Learn how to create letters, resumes and other types of documents with Microsoft Word.
- Friday, July 8 - 2:30 PM - Intro to Email - Learn how to use email for a variety of purposes.
- Tuesday, July 12 - 10:30 AM - Practical Uses for Facebook and Twitter - You may have a Facebook account, but have you used it to its full potential? Find out about special features and practical uses for this and other social networking sites.
- Friday, July 15 - 2:30 PM - Using the Digital Media Catalog - Learn about the HCPL Digital Media Catalog and all of the special downloadable materials it offers. If you have portable digital devices, such as ereaders or mp3 players, find out how you can use these with library materials.
- Tuesday, July 19 - 2:30 PM - Intro to MS Publisher - Graduate from Microsoft Word and employ a little creativity in learning how to use Publisher for signs, banners, and other special purposes.
- Friday, July 22 - 2:30 PM - Using Google Docs - Google is much more than a way to find sites on the Internet. It can also help you create, edit and share documents without the need for expensive software on your own computer. Come learn about Google Docs and find out how you can make better use of this popular search engine and Internet tool.
- Tuesday, July 26 - 10:30 AM - Online Job Resources - If you're searching for work, join us for this informative session and find out about the many sites out there on the Internet that could be the one helpful resource you've been missing!
For more information about these classes and future programs, stop by or call our library.Image provided by Jupiterimages