Library Cards are for Everyone
Do you know that children of any age can get a HCPL library card?
- You must provide proof of your mailing address when applying for a library card.
- Parents must sign the library card application for children under 18 years of age.
- The first library card is free and replacement cards are $1.00.
- Children and adult cards are good at any branch location in Harris County.
- A child's card has the same benefits of an adult card, with the exception, that they cannot checkout movies.
- Children can use their card to access the HCPL database system for homework help, or to access programs such as, the TumbleBook Library.
The TumbleBook library is one of my favorite tools for children, and I would love to share more information about it with you.
I will be discussing the positive beneifits of this database during my Family Storytime program on Monday, Jan. 24 @ 7:00 pm.