A Mother's Love
With Mother’s Day just around the corner, it seemed appropriate to not only celebrate our own mothers, but also make note of favorite TV moms. Since June Cleaver served dinner to her family in high heels and pearls on Leave It to Beaver, TV moms have been an integral part of any family comedy or drama. Through the years, TV moms have evolved and now you’re as likely to find a single mom, a working mom, or a meddling mother-in-law, as you are a stay-at-home mom in your favorite TV show. But no matter what they do or how they do it, TV moms continue to touch the lives of viewers and TV families alike.
If you’re in the mood for some motherly attention this weekend, browse the HCPL catalog and request a TV show today!
Jean Stapleton as Edith Bunker in All in the Family
Florence Henderson as Carol Brady in The Brady Bunch
- Sally Field as Nora Walker in Brothers & Sisters
- Phylicia Rashad as Clair Huxtable in The Cosby Show
- Mary Tyler Moore as Laura Petrie in The Dick Van Dyke Show
- Elizabeth McGovern as Lady Grantham in Downton Abbey
- Patricia Heaton as Debra Barone in Everybody Loves Raymond
- Doris Roberts as Marie Barone in Everybody Loves Raymond
- Meredith Baxter-Birney as Elyse Keaton in Family Ties
- Michelle Fairley as Catelyn Stark in Game of Thrones
- Lena Headey as Cersei Lannister in Game of Thrones
- Lauren Graham as Lorelai Gilmore in Gilmore Girls
- Julie Bowan as Claire Dunphy in Modern Family
- Sofia Vergara as Gloria Pritchett in Modern Family
- Shirley Jones as Shirley Partridge in The Partridge Family
- Roseanne Barr as Roseanne Conner in Roseanne
- Mary-Louise Parker as Nancy Botwin in Weeds
Did your favorite TV mom make the list? If not, let me know in the comments!