My MP3 audiobooks do not appear in the audiobook folder on my iPod/iPhone. Where are they?
MP3 audiobooks transferred from the Overdrive Media Console are placed in the “music” folder on your iPod, not in the audiobook folder like the WMA audiobooks. You can find the MP3 audiobooks by looking for the title of the book under “album,” or the author of the audiobook under “artist”. If you wish to move the MP3 audiobook from the iTunes Music folder to the specific “audiobooks” folder, please complete the following steps. (Note: If you don't see an “audiobooks” folder in iTunes, go to the “Edit” menu and select "Preferences". On the “General” tab, check the "audiobooks" box.)
The audiobook parts move to the "audiobooks" folder. You may now disconnect your iPod from the computer.
- Connect your iPod to your computer and wait for iTunes to finish synching and backing up the files. If iTunes does not open automatically after connecting your iPod, please open the program.
- Click on the name of your device to expand your device’s playlist library. If the name of your device is not listed, click on the work “Devices” and see if it shows up.
- Click on the “Music” icon under your device’s name.
- Find the name of the audiobook you wish to move.
- Select all the MP3 parts of the audiobook you wish to move to the “Audiobooks” folder. You may hold down the Ctrl (control) button and click each part to highlight multiple parts.
- Right click the highlighted group and select "Get Info".
- A message may pop up saying “Are you sure you want to edit information for multiple items?” Click yes if you have only highlighted the parts of the audiobook. This helps keep them as a group in the “audiobooks” folder.
- In the new window that pops up, click on the “Options” tab.
- Under "Options," click in the checkbox next to “Media Kind”.
- Next, click on the drop down menu for "Media Kind."
- Change the setting from “Music” to "Audiobooks".
- Click "OK" on the dialog box.