Tax Information Update
(Wednesday, January 25) This morning the Instructions 1040 ALL came in. Many of you have been waiting for this.
Tax Forms: For those of you patiently waiting, our latest tax forms deliveries include
Form 1040 NR-EZ, Form 1040 NR, Form 1040 Schedule D, and Form 6521; Instructions 8283; and Publications 501, 529, and 590.
A reminder that AARP Tax Aide begins Wednesday, February 1st. Every year, trained volunteers from the American Association of Retired Persons help seniors and low-income earners complete simple personal income tax returns and e-file them. They meet Mondays noon-4 p.m., Wednesdays 10-2 p.m., and Saturdays 11-3 p.m. in Room L-129.
Please bring with you:
- Valid identification with current addressfor yourself & your dependents
- Social Security cardsfor yourself and your dependents
- Your wage, salary, income statements(W-2 and/or 1099)
- Last year’s income tax returnstatement
- If you are a homeowner, the amount of the property tax you paid in 2011
- If you bought a new vehicle in 2011, the amount of sales tax you paid
- Documentation for deductible expenses(mortgage interest, real estate taxes paid, medical expenses, charitable contributions, mileage for volunteer work)
- Documentation for items that qualify for tax credit(child care, post secondary education, home purchase contract & closing statement for homes purchased in the past year.