Teen Summer Writing Contest!
Whether you have worn the letters off your keyboard trying to get all the stories and poems out of your head and on paper, or you just like to write and wouldn’t mind winning a prize for doing it, you are invited to enter the Teen Summer Writing Contest presented by Barbara Bush Branch Library and LSC – Tomball Community Library.
If you're a teen, 12 - 18 years-old and a current student in grades 6 - 12, and live...well...anywhere you can enter. Past entries have come from as far away as England. You don't even have to come to the reception to pick up your prize.
Everything you need to know is on the Teen Summer Writing Contest Flyer and Entry Form (see attachment below and read it carefully!), but here are the basics:
- Writers will compete in four categories:
- Poetry: Ages 12 – 15 (Grades 6 – 8)
- Short Story: Ages 12 – 15 (Grades 6 – 8)
- Poetry: Ages 15 – 18 (Grades 9 – 12)
- Short Story: Ages 15 – 18 (Grades 9 – 12)
- Entries must include a completed entry form and three (3) copies of the poem or short story.
- 1st, 2nd, & 3rd prizes will be awarded for each of the four categories.
- Participants may enter in both poetry and fiction for their age-group.
- Entries will be judged on originality, use of language, and technical skill.
- For for full contest rules, helpful tips and to print out entry forms: See Teen Summer Reading Contest flyer and entry form attachment below
- Contest deadline: entries must be received by July 27, 2013.
|Teen Summer Writing Flyer Entry Form 2013 COLOR (2).pdf||829.01 KB|