Why can't I upgrade the security component in OverDrive Media Console (the upgrade button is grayed out)?
If you get an error while attempting to upgrade the security component for the Overdrive Media Console, please go to the following URL in Internet Explorer Only:
Please note that you will need Active X controls activated to use this page. If the “upgrade” button is grayed out, please look at the top of the window to see if a pop-up was blocked asking you to run the Active X controls.
If there is no pop-up or yellow message bar at the top of the screen and the button is still grayed out, please follow the following steps.
- Close all open programs.
- Open the 'Control Panel'.
- Open 'Folder Options' and select the 'View' tab.
- Select 'Show hidden files and folders'.
- Uncheck 'Hide protected operating system files'.
- In the warning message you receive, click 'Yes'.
- Click 'OK'.
- Close the Control Panel.
- Open “My Computer”
- Double Click on the “C” drive.
- Double click on the “Documents and Settings” folder.
- Double Click “All Users".
- Right-click the DRM folder and click “Rename”.
- Type DRM.old.
- Close all open Windows.
Open Internet Explorer Go back to the following website (using Internet Explorer only) to see if the button is now activated.
- If you can click on “Upgrade”, please do so now.
After the upgrade process is complete, please attempt to download an eAudio title from our digital catalog homepage at: