Online Application for Use of the Katy Meeting Room | Print Application for the Use of the Katy Meeting Room - This form must be submitted to the branch library at least one week in advance of the date requested. It is strongly recommended that you contact the branch before submitting an application to determine availability. Submitting a form does not guarantee that dates are available.
The policies and procedures for the use of the meeting room in the Harris County Public Library Katy Branch is established herein. The responsibility for implementing this policy and for scheduling the use of the meeting room rests with the librarian in charge of the building. The Library Director retains final authority for implementing these policies.
The meeting room, in the Katy Branch, of the Harris County Public Library, may be used by the general public. The meeting room may be reserved for meetings, programs, seminars, and exhibits.
- Regulations for the Use of Meeting Rooms
- The meeting room may not be reserved for the solicitation or sale of any goods, services, etc. However, the meeting room may be reserved for book sales or other fund-raising events, the proceeds of which will go to the direct benefit of the library.
- No monies may be collected on the library premises with the exception of dues for Friends of the Library groups, book sales or other fund-raising events, the proceeds of which will go to the direct benefit of the library.
- All activities in the library's meeting room must be open to anyone who wants to attend.
- There is no charge for the use of the library meeting room.
- Use of the library's meeting room does not constitute endorsement by the County or the City of Katy or the library of points of view expressed by the group. No advertisement or announcement implying such endorsement will be permitted.
- Attendance at meetings must be limited to 50 seating capacity specified
- Chairs and tables available in the meeting room must be set up and put away by each group using the rooms. If custodial help is available, the custodian may be asked to set up the meeting room. No additional furniture or equipment other than that already available in the meeting rooms will be provided unless prior arrangements are made.
- The length of time needed for the meeting should include time for setting up the meeting room and putting it back in order at the end of the meeting. If the meeting extends beyond scheduled time, the librarian in charge will request that the meeting be adjourned.
- Open aisles must be maintained within the seating arrangement to provide clear access in case of emergency.
- Equipment, supplies, or personal belongings cannot be stored or left in the library before or after use, except items such as voting machines or materials to be used for on-going exhibits sponsored by the library.
- The library or the city will not be responsible for lost or damaged materials used in exhibits or programs.
- With the consent of the Branch Librarian, the staff lounge kitchen may be used for food or drink and should be left in the same order it was found. Without exception no food or drink will be allowed in the main part of the library. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Permission to affix anything in the walls in the main library or any of the room or offices must be obtained from the administrative offices of the City of Katy. The branch librarian enforces this rule.
- Smoking is not allowed in the library or on the property outside of the building.
- The individual making the reservation, as well as the membership of the group as a whole, will be held responsible for any and all damage that may occur as a result of the use of the facilities.
- Permission to use the library meeting room may be withheld from groups whose members or invitees damage the room, carpet, equipment, or furniture, or fail to comply with these rules and regulations. Individuals causing disturbances during meetings will be asked to leave and will hold the county and the City of Katy harmless.
- The individual making the reservation, as well as the membership of the group as a whole, agrees to comply with all applicable federal, state, county, and city ordinances, rules, and regulations now in force or which may hereafter be enacted or promulgated.
- The individual making the reservation, as well as the membership of the group as a whole, agree to indemnify and hold the County and the City of Katy harmless from and against any and all losses, expenses, demands, and claims made against the County and /or City of Katy arising in any manner from such group's use of the library facilities, whether such losses, expense, demand, or claim made against the County and/or City of Katy is caused by the County's or City’s negligence or not.
Library and City of Katy related functions will be given first priority.
- Other requests are considered on a first-come, first-served basis but all prior approvals may be cancelled at any time, including groups that meet at the library on a regular basis. If the use of room is needed on an emergency basis for official governmental business or a reservation is in conflict with the library programming, the reservation will be cancelled and can be rescheduled at the group's request
- Requests for the use of the meeting room may be made in person or by fax by completing an Application for the Use of the Meeting Room form, a copy of which is attached. This form must be submitted to the Deputy Director at least one week in advance of the date requested. Requests for renewals may also be submitted by phone or fax, however, an application form must be completed, on file, and approved before the requested meeting date. A copy of all completed Application for Use of the Meeting Room forms shall be kept at the branch for 12 months.
- The branch librarian must keep a calendar of scheduled use of the meeting room. This calendar must be kept current and available at the circulation desk or at a location accessible to the librarian on duty and to the public. A copy of the calendar of scheduled use of the meeting rooms will be faxed to the City of Katy at the beginning of each week for that weeks schedule use of the meeting rooms. Any changes to the schedule will be updated and faxed to the City of Katy Administrative Offices at 281-391-4813
- Groups reserving a meeting room for the first time will be shown the meeting room, restrooms, and staff lounge when they apply.
- Since many organizations wish to use the meeting room facilities, groups should reserve the room in advance of the date needed. Based on demand, reservations may be subject to time, place, and manner restrictions.
- To give all organizations an opportunity to use the meeting rooms, groups may not reserve space on a regular basis for more than 90 days.
- Reservations are not automatically renewable.
- Groups holding reservations are requested to notify the library of any cancellation at the earliest possible date in order to free the meeting room for other groups.
- The meeting room is only available when the library is open to the public.