This years summer reading theme is "Have Book Will Travel." It's important to organize a travel plan before you head off to a new adventure. The same is true when you take a trip to the library.
It is my goal, to provide you with the tools that you need, to support a positive library experience for your family.
We are very excited about the fun programs we have planned for children this summer. A schedule of events is available online and you may pick up a printed copy of our flyer at the library. In order, to provide a safe and positive experience for everyone, the majority of our programs do require tickets. Tickets for programs are free and available 30 minutes prior to the performance. All children must be able to sit through the program without a parent. Seating is limited and programs will begin on time.
How Ticketing Works at Atascocita Branch Library:
We have chosen to hand tickets out 30 minutes prior. Patrons that are there at that time will most likely be able to attend. Because this is the time stated in our brochures, we do not form lines ahead of time. It would be a disadvantage to those who arrive according to the stated brochures. Those who arrive 30 minutes prior are given the same opportunity as those who arrive 45 or even 60 minutes ahead of time. It is a cattle call type of system.
We appreciate how much your children enjoy our programs, which is why we ask that only children attend so we may have as many in the room that safety allows. We wish to make this a fun event, and safety is a top priority in that fun.
It is advised that parents/caregivers stay in the library during the program for this provides us the ability to reach you if needed.
At the Atascocita Branch, there are storytime programs for children of all ages; we do not require tickets nor do we have registration. Children will enjoy books, songs and puppets during these weekly storytime programs. Frequently, we also provide age appropriate crafts. Siblings are welcome to attend as long as they are not disruptive to the program.
Twilight Tales Family Story time (all ages welcome)
Mondays at 7:00 PM
Tales for Tots
2 & 3 year olds
Wednesdays at 10:00 AM & 1:30 PM
4-6 year olds
Thursdays at 10:00 AM
Mother Goose Lapsit
24 months and younger
Wednesdays and Thursdays at 11:00 AM and Fridays at 1:00 PM
Guidelines to help make Story Times a positive experience for everyone:
* Arrive early so your child can benefit from the entire program.
* Visit the restroom before the program begins.
* Turn off or mute cell phones and pagers so the program may continue without interruption.
* Supervise your child before, during, and after programs so that you may both enjoy the Library in a safe manner.
* If you child loses interest or becomes noisy or disruptive during a program, please quietly leave the room and come back when the child is ready to listen and participate. If your child isn’t ready for a story time experience that day, try again the next week. This is all part of the learning and maturing process.
* Model good listening: focus on the presenter, participate in the activities, and avoid side conversations.
* Parent participation during the program is needed.
* Please leave baby carriages in the hallway.
The Summer Reading Club is babies  (birth to 18 months), children  (18 months - 12 years), teens  (12 - 18 years) and adults  (18 years and older). Everyone who registers will receive a summer reading bracelet that can be picked up at your local branch.
You may either read and/or listen to the materials you choose. In addition, you have the ability to log the number of books or the number of minutes that you read/ listen to. Below are just a few ways that you can work towards your reading goals.
You do not have to read a book.
So, stop by the library to get started on your next reading adventure.