1. From the Harris County Public Library homepage  click My Account .
2. Enter your library card number and your PIN and click Login.
3. Click Items Out.
4. You will now see all items you have out, when you checked them out, and their due date.
5. Click the checkbox next to the item(s) you wish to renew, or click the top most checkbox to check all items, and click Renew.
To renew materials you will need:
- Your Library Barcode Number - The 14 digit number on your Library Card which begins with 2 4028.
- A PIN (Personal Identification Number) – This is the four-digit number you selected when you received your library card. If you did not request a PIN number, a Request for PIN form may be obtained from the circulation desk at your local Harris County Branch Library during regular hours.**
- Computer Access – You can access the system at any Harris County Branch Library or from your own computer with Internet access by going to http://www.hcpl.net .
**For the protection of your confidential information, the library must require that each customer who receives a PIN provide acceptable identification. If you forget your PIN you may request it in person at the circulation desk or by calling your local branch and providing acceptable identification. You can also obtain your PIN by email .