If you're currently without health insurance check out federally-funded health centers  near you. Payments are based on your income, and the the Health centers provide:
1. checkups when you're well
2. treatment when you're sick
3. complete care when you're pregnant
4. immunizations and checkups for your children
5. dental care and prescription drugs for your family
6. mental health and substance abuse care if you need it
Also, check out RXassist.org  to see if you qualify for free or low-cost medications through patient assistance programs run by pharmaceutical companies.