Do you know that the library has several resources which support children in the basic skills needed for school readiness? Come and see what we have to offer!
The Atascocita Branch offers weekly early literacy experiences for infants and young children. Children who participate in library programs on a regular basis gain valuable information, and skills that will help them be successful in school.
Here are a few of the numerous benefits of attending a storytime or infant lapsit program:
- Aides in oral language development.
- Promotes listening skills and increased attention span.
- Strengthens social and emotional development.
- Stimulates creativity, interest, and ideas.
- Supports pre-reading skills.
- Encourages a lifelong love and appreciation of reading and libraries.
Pre-School Storytime (3-6 years olds)
Thursdays @ 10:00 am
Toddler Time (2-3 years olds)
Wednesdays @ 10:00 am & 1:30 pm
Infant Lapsit (Infants – 24 months)
Wednesdays @ 11:00 am
Thursdays @ 11:00 am
Fridays @ 1:00 PM
Family Storytime (All Ages Welcome)
Mondays @ 7:00 pm
I would like to make a few suggestions that will help ensure everyone has a fun and exciting time at the library.
Ms Susan and I look forward to seeing you in storytime. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. There are many other resources that we would like to share with you.
- Please arrive a few minutes early for storytime. This will give you the chance to checkout/return books, take that all important potty break or visit with friends. Thus, encouraging a positive transition, and allowing your child the time they may need to adjust to the environment.
- Storytime is a family activity. Please actively participate during storytime by sing songs and modeling good listening skills.
- Don’t forget to turn off cell phones.
- Siblings are always welcome in storytime as long as they are not disruptive to others.
- If your child is overly restless or is crying please remove them from storytime until they are ready to return. This gives your child a peaceful environment to calm themselves, and allows others to participate in activities free of distractions.
- We do not require registration for any stoytime, but space is limited. If you are unable to attend a program, please visit one of our other storytime options. Twilight Tales, our Family Storytime on Monday nights, is open to all ages and we typically have a craft project. This is a great choice for everyone!
- Please be aware that our morning Toddler Time is very busy! Therefore, the afternoon program at 1:30 pm offers more one on one interaction with children. This is a wonderful opportunity for children who are new, transitioning from the Infant Lapsit program, or may be just a little shy.