The 4th of July is the perfect setting for a fun filled day of food, family and friends. If weather permits, I will be picnicking in the park this weekend.
Please feel free to share a favorite cookbook or recipe below. I am always looking for new recipes and would love any suggestions you may have.
The best life diet cookbook: more than 175 delicious, convenient, family-friendly recipes Bob Greene
- Watermelon with Jicama and Arugula, (p. 67).
You could easily add a handful of blueberries for a festive red, white and blue theme.
Gather: memorable menus for entertaining throughout the seasons Georgeanne Brennan
- Red and Yellow Cherry Tomato Salad, (p. 85).
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches with Cranberries and Almonds, (p. 167).
You are where you eat: stories and recipes from the neighborhoods of New Orleans
- Aunt Mae's Famous Chex Mix, (p. 74).
- German Potato Salad, (p. 80).
Molto Italiano: 327 simple Italian recipes to cook at home Mario Batali
- Marinated Olive Salad (p. 26).
- Roman-Style Artichokes (p. 413).
- Asparagus with Citrus, Parsley and Garlic (p. 418).
- Broccoli Sauteed in Wine and Garlic (p. 423).
- Clementines with Balsamic Vinegar and Pepper (p. 491).
'wichcraft: craft a sandwich into a meal--and a meal into a sandwich
- Sicilian Tuna with Fennel, Black Olives, and Lemon (p. 71).
- Chicken Salad with Walnuts, Roasted Tomatoes, pickled Red Onions and Frisée (p. 81).
Giada at home: family recipes from Italy and California Giada De Laurentiis
Beautiful breads and fabulous fillings: the best sandwiches in America Margaux Sky
- Mixed Berry Salad (p. 170).
- Two-ton Bittersweet Chocolate Fudge Cake (p. 243).
- The Best Carrot Cake (p.244).
Photograph provided by Camera Slayer's photostream on Flickr.