Yes, that is correct. September is Library Card Sign Up Month and we hope you can help us spread the word to get new visitors to apply! Or perhaps your card is expired or needs to be updated. What better time is there than September to do just these things?!
Not sure what you can do with a library card? Check out our top 10 reasons:
- Kids 18 and under get free general admission to the Museum of Fine Arts Houston on Saturdays and Sundays with any public library card!
- Folks with good standing library accounts may qualify for a Texshare card to access other participating Texas library systems including university collections!
- Need a book we don't own? Try requesting it through Interlibrary Loan . Some restrictions apply but this service is free.
- Get free computer use at the library equipped with internet access and Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Check out a laptop to use inside the library for two hours and access our WiFi.
- Check out goodies including books, audiobooks, magazines, movies and music!
- Use your card to access databases for research and homework from the comfort of your own home!
- Download from our digital media catalog and enjoy the latest ebooks and more on your MP3 players, e-readers or other portable devices!
- Access your library account online. Request books and have them delivered to the branch of your choice. Renew items or pay fines online without having to come into the library.
- Library Cards are FREE! You can reap all the benefits of having a library card for free; just be sure to keep on top of your due dates and take good care of library materials.
There are many other reasons why you should own a library card and we'd love to hear them! What do you use your library card for?
Also, a big thanks to Maud Marks Library staff & patrons for taking photos during last year's Library Card Sign Up Month!