If you install the Overdrive App on the Kindle Fire, you will be able to read the EPUB format. This is only beneficial when the title you want to read from the HCPL Digital Media Catalog  is not available in the Kindle format. The Overdrive app is available free in the Amazon App store.
Please follow these steps in order to install the app on your device.
1. From the home screen, select “Apps” from the top menu on the device.
2. Select “Store” in the upper right.
3. In the search box, type “Overdrive” and hit the “search” button.
4. The “Overdrive Media Console” app should be in the list of results. It is a blue square with a white “O.” Select the word “Free” to the right of the apps name.
5. Select the green “Get App” button to begin the installation.
6. The title detail screen should come up and it should say “Purchasing.” The app is free so you will not actually be charged anything. It will then download the app.
7. Once the app has been downloaded an orange “Open” button will appear. You can use this to open the app. The app will also be located on your home screen in the carousel.
If you would like instructions on how to set up and use the Overdrive app, please see these instructions.