Branch Details & Services
About this Branch
The Northwest Branch Library is a busy neighborhood library that houses a robust collection. Daily programs are offered for customers of all ages. Customers can enjoy abundant public computers, free wi-fi, ample parking, and pocket park access. The Friends of Northwest Library hosts book sales in winter, spring and fall.
The Northwest Branch Library was built in 1983 and dedicated in May 1984 and has proudly served the Cypress area ever since. Located off of Jones Road and Regency Green Drive, the library is centrally located near several large subdivisions and serves as a quintessential neighborhood library. The library was renovated in 2004 and in 2018 it was recognized as an official Family Place Library. The Library provides daily programs for customers of all ages. It is a polling place for state and national elections. It also hosts AARP Tax-Aide which offers free tax preparation help each year beginning in February. Northwest Branch Library continues to grow with the community in order to provide the programs and services it wants and needs. It’s your library, so stop by today and see what’s going on!
- Blu-ray Player(s)
- CAC Reader (Common Access Card for U.S. Military)
- DVD Player(s)
- Floppy Disk to USB adapter
- Pharos Computer Booking Station(s)
- Print Station(s)
- Self Check-Out Machine(s)
- USB Card Reader(s) (MicroSD, SD, etc.).
- Citizenship Classes
- Computer Classes
- Spanish/Bilingual Computer Classes
- English Language Acquisition (ESL) Classes
- Proctoring for Distance Learning Exams
- Tours for Schools and Other Groups
- Community Bulletin Board(s)
- Family Play Area
- Meeting Room(s)
Friends of the Library
The Friends of the Northwest Library was established in 1982 to raise funds for the library and it continues to do so today. The group holds books sales three times a year and its member volunteer inside the library. If you're interested in joining the Friends group, please contact the library at 832-927-5460 or email at [email protected]
- Proctoring must be scheduled in advance. Exams cannot be scheduled and taken the same day.
- If the student is more than 15 minutes late, the exam must be rescheduled.
- Staff cannot watch the student take the exam.
- Staff cannot disable the internet.
- Staff cannot fax the exam to school.
- The student must provide an envelope and postage to return the exam.
- Date opened: 1984
- Square Footage: 12,000
- Staff: 12
- Parking capacity: 90 standard spaces, 7 handicapped spaces
- Meeting room capacity: 80
- Public access computers: 49
- Holdings: 99,586
- Yearly circulation: 659,375
- Yearly visitors: 167,333
- Yearly programs presented: 1,406
- Program attendance: 13,402
- Yearly reference questions: 67, 617
Meet the Branch Manager
Hi, I'm Gavin Sheaffer, Branch Manager at Northwest Branch Library. My favorite book is The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck. At Northwest, we enjoy providing quality library services that promote literacy, community engagement and inspire lifelong learning. There is a lot going on at the library. We hope you visit us soon. If you have questions or comments, please feel free to email or call 832-927-5460.