Branch Details & Services
About this Branch
The Houston Academy of Medicine-Texas Medical Center (HAM-TMC) Library was founded in the Texas Medical Center (TMC) in 1949. Two existing medical libraries, the Houston Academy of Medicine (HAM) and Baylor College of Medicine (BCM combined their collections to better serve physicians in Harris County and teaching and research programs at Baylor. In 2011, the Library’s Board of Directors voted to approve doing business named The Texas Medical Center (TMC) Library. The official library name remains the same.
In 2012, HCPL partnered with TMC to offer public library services in the Texas Medical Center for both people working in the area and people undergoing treatment at TMC. HCPL offers a small browsing collection of popular materials for adults, teens, and children, and the ability to pick up reserve items at the TMC Library location.
Yearly circulation: 4,280