Need help filing your taxes? AARP will be coming to Tomball Community Library to help you file them for free! The service is first come, first serve. No registration is required.
Please be sure to bring the following items with you:
1) Government-issued photo ID for the taxpayer(s) on the return
2) Social Security cards or ITIN documentation for all taxpayers and dependents
3) Copy of last year’s tax return
4) All Income documents such as: Forms W-2, SSA 1099, 1099R, 1099G, other 1099 forms, self-employment records
5) Brokerage statements – sale of stocks or bonds
6) Healthcare – Forms 1095 A, B, or C
7) Mortgage interest, medical/dental expenses, charitable donations, sales, income or property taxes
8) Records of federal taxes paid
9) Educational expenses – Form 1098T, students detailed financial school account, other education expenses
10) Checking or savings account info for direct deposit of refund or direct debit of balance due
11) Any recent IRS correspondence.
Please note that the library staff is unable to answer questions about your tax return or provide direct contact information to AARP volunteers. Please visit AARP Tax Aide website at https://www.aarp.org/money/taxes/aarp_taxaide/ for more information about tax aide.
Event Type:Tax Assistance
Registration:No Registration Required