Update: Friday, August 6, 2021, 10:30 AM CST
Starting Monday, August 9, 2021, Harris County Public Library will resume assessing bills for items that are overdue by 3 months or longer. Fines continue to be suspended for all other overdue HCPL items. Book drops are open to accept returns at all our branches.
Update: Thursday, August 5, 2021, 1:25 PM CST
Harris County Covid-19 Threat has been raised to RED or Severe Level. HCPL branches will remain open at 25% capacity.
Update: Tuesday, June 8, 2021, 8:20 AM CST
Aldine Branch Library reopens today.
Update: Monday, June 7, 2021, 4:30 PM
Lone Star College - CyFair is now open at limited capacity. No appointment necessary.
Update: Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 8:00 AM CST
Lone Star College - Tomball Community Library is open at limited capacity.
Lone Star College - CyFair Branch Library is open during curbside hours, with limited capacity and services, by appointment only. Make appointment.
Update: Friday, May 28, 2021, 1:00 PM CST
Harris County has upgraded the Covid-19 Threat Level to Yellow - Stay Vigilant
As of August 5, 2021, the Harris County Covid-19 Threat Level has been raised to Level 1 or RED level, meaning Stay Home Unless Fully Vaccinated (Severe Threat). HCPL branches will remain open, but will limit visitors to 25% building capacity beginning Fri. Aug. 6, 2021
For Your Safety
- Libraries will limit the number of patrons to 25% of buildings' maximum capacity starting Friday, August 6. 2021
- Masks are required to enter all Harris County facilities. If you do not have a mask, the library will provide one free of charge.
- Social distancing is recommended.
- HCPL staff will continue to wear face coverings and practice social distancing.
- Curbside Pick-Up is available
- Most library programs and events will be available online. Some outdoor events will be offered at branches with appropriate spaces for programs.
- Meeting rooms cannot be reserved at this time
- As the threat level improves, libraries will increase capacity and available services.
Harris County Public Library is following state and county guidelines and will adjust policies accordingly as they are updated.
Library Services Offered
- Physical collections (books, movies, etc.) are available to browse and check out
- Printing services: in-library, and mobile are available
- Computer access
- Self-checkout machines
- Curbside Holds Pick-up
- Public Access Catalogs
- Document scanners
- Wi-Fi access
Libraries offering limited Services
Hours of Operation
M - Th 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
F 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Sa 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Baldwin Boetcher Branch Library @ Mercer Park
M - Sa: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Lone Star College - CyFair Branch Library
M - Th: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
F - Sa: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM