The Jocelyn H. Lee Digital Media Lab at Clear Lake City-County Freeman Branch Library provides you with tools and resources to create and edit videos, images, music, and audio, as well as to convert old video and audio formats to digital.
Frequently Asked Questions: Digital Media Lab (DML)
What audiovisual equipment is available?
- Two 27" iMac Computers (1 OS Catalina, 1 OS Mojave)
- Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (including Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Audition, AfterEffects, Animate, InDesign and more)
- Audio Technica Professional Microphone 2020USB+ & Headphones (M20X)
- Akai Pro MPK Mini MIDI Controller
- Canon EOS Rebel T5i/700D (optional RODE microphone attachment)
- Wacom Intuos Pro Pen Tablet (Medium PTH651)
- Lighting and background Kit (includes green, white, and black backgrounds)
I have VHS tapes and vinyl LPs, can I make digital copies of them?
Yes! and not just those formats. We have equipment and software that lets you convert
- VHS to DVD: Toshiba VHS/DVD Player and Recorder (DVR620)
- VHS to digital file: Elgato Video Capture
- Photos, film negatives, & slides to digital file: Epson Perfection Scanner (V600 Photo)
- Vinyl records, cassettes to CD or digital file: TEAC CD Recorder/Player (LP-R550USB)
- 8mm/Super 8 film reels to digital file: Wolverine MovieMaker Pro
How do I get started?
Digital Media Lab Orientation is required before you can reserve the Digital Media Lab. Please check the events calendar or call the Clear-Lake Freeman Branch at 832-927-5420 for upcoming dates and times.
Orientations cover Digital Media Lab policy and provide an overview of the technology available to you in the DML. Orientations take approximately 1 1/2 hours.
I have attended Digital Media Lab orientation, how do I book the lab?
Simply sign in to your Maker Central account and access the reservation link under the 'Reward' tab.
How much does it cost?
Orientation, reservations, and use of the lab are free.
Who can use the Digital Media Lab?
Anyone! But children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.